Seeking Junior Editors to Join the Mockingjay.net Team
Are you obsessed with The Hunger Games? Have you always wanted to work for a fansite? Are you constantly online? If so, there may be a spot for you on the staff of Mockingjay.net! In anticipation of the release of Catching Fire and the production of Mockingjays 1 and 2, Mockingjay.net is looking for new mockingjays to help with our fansite, the oldest and largest fansite community for The Hunger Games!
We are looking for individuals who meet the following qualifications:
- Frequently online
- Constant email availability
- Ability to write coherently and with minimal errors
- Ability to assist in covering events
- Friendly, sociable, and willing to help
- Experience with WordPress is a plus
- Graphical art or photography skills are welcome
- Native language speaking with English fluency
We are recruiting for Junior Editor positions only, with possible promotion to Senior Editor later. We are recruiting in specific locations unless otherwise specified so please do not apply for that position if you are not in the relevant location. If you do not live in the city but are able to travel there, please feel free to apply.
- Junior Editor for Monthly Mockingjay (anywhere; must have good eye for graphical layouts) - POSITION FILLED
- Junior Editor (Toronto, Canada)
- Junior Editor (Sydney, Australia)
- Junior Editor (Berlin, Germany)
- Junior Editor (Paris, France)
- Junior Editor (Rome, Italy; 2 positions)
- Junior Editor (Madrid, Spain; 2 positions)
- Junior Editor for Pinterest and/or Instagram (anywhere) – INSTAGRAM & PINTEREST POSITION FILLED
- Junior Editor (New York, NY)
- Junior Editor (Atlanta, GA) – POSITION FILLED
Please note that the Pinterest position requires people to be Pinterest addicts, as we’ve learned in the past the people assigned to our Pinterest can quickly lose interest.
To apply, simply email crystal @ mockingjay.net and let me know how you meet our qualifications and why you want to join our team. Please note that whenever we do these recruitments we get a high volume of applications, so only people we are interested in will receive replies, but we thank you in advance for your interest.